CODE is a Community Movement
As Winnipeg’s biggest business association, we must acknowledge the existing systemic and institutionalized barriers faced by equity-deserving groups, including women; Indigenous peoples; racialized persons; persons living with disabilities; and 2SLGBTQ+ people.
The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce brings together Winnipeg leaders through community-led conversations and public events to create an inclusive business landscape and encourage public participation to remove barriers to ensure equal opportunities.
Three key goals of CODE:
CODE represents a movement o f business leaders, diversity and inclusion practitioners, community advocates and those with lived experience, coming together to achieve three critical goals:
- Expand awareness of the opportunities for and benefits of greater diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Increase the number of organizations in Winnipeg making a commitment to enhance inclusion and equity in their workplace
- Increase the implementation of measurable actions in the workplace that further these goals
How can you get involved:
- Become a CODE Coalition Member: We are inviting businesses in Winnipeg to carefully consider three commitments to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in your workplaces and officially sign on as a CODE Coalition Member. Learn more.
- Explore and Learn: Spend time to explore and use our free online CODE Resource Hub
- Check out our CODE Events: Attend our CODE 101s, workshops, conference and other events find events. View events here.
- Share Online: Share CODE resources and social posts with your team and network, and use #WCCCODE
- Share your Story: Tell us about how CODE influenced your diversity, equity and inclusion strategy at your organization (we are always looking for testimonials!)
For more information on CODE:
Diversity and Inclusion Manager
E: [email protected]
P: (204) 479-4423