The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce’s second annual CODE Conference is less than a month away. Still looking to register? We have put together 4 reasons why you should attend.
“The CODE Conference was an excellent opportunity to connect with other organizations walking down the equity and inclusion path in the business community. The speakers and workshop facilitators were fantastic and came with a deep knowledge of increasing inclusion and equity within businesses. In addition, learning about best practices that have worked well for others is a great way to facilitate the CODE movement between members.” – CODE 2022 Conference Attendee
1. Learn, network and connect with like-minded individuals in person!
Learn through two different experiences throughout the day;
ONE, through workshops and our experienced speakers and panelists.
TWO, with those you’ll be seated and sharing the day with. Just like you, 200+ business and community leaders have signed up to be a part of this unique opportunity, creating a safe and inclusive space for all to have their stories heard.
2. Hear from our Keynote DEI experts
You have probably seen some familiar faces of our highly anticipated keynote speakers. If you haven’t, check them out below:
Anne-Marie Pham, CEO of Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI)
This thought-provoking session by Anne-Marie Pham of the Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion will help organizations to pause and reflect on what they can do to build the kind of culture, engagement and commitments needed to champion diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Maryam Monsef, Founder and CEO of ONWARD
Hear from Maryam on the role of businesses in driving social equity and how we can be champions for change. From her experience in Parliament, Maryam will connect the dots on how our efforts can create monumental shifts and our responsibilities within these movements.
3. Choose from three workshop levels based on your comfort level
Just starting your diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) journey or looking for a deeper conversation? Take part in workshops offered in three levels and expand beyond your current learning journey.
Wondering what are the three levels? Take a closer look below!
Introductory, General & Advanced
or mix and match based on topics that interest you.
We’ve been working with experienced professionals in the field of DEI to create sessions to best fit for you and your DEI journey. Check out the workshops here.
4. Explore the benefits of having an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace
If you’re investing in a diverse workforce and consciously creating an equitable workplace, then this day is just another step to give you all the right reasons of why you should continue on the journey you’ve embarked on!
- Network, network and network! It’s not just about networking with like-minded individuals, it’s also about learning from those who bring new, fresh views to the table.
- It’s not just professional growth, but your personal growth too! Yes you’ll be taking these ideas back to your organization, but also carrying them with you as you go on with your daily life, reflecting back on fruitful discussions and gaining deeper insights.
- Take what you learned and implement it at your workplace! With learning & knowledge, comes the responsibility of putting it into action, and that’s exactly what this day is here to guide you towards. Once you’ve attended the three levels of workshops, networked with tons of like-minded individuals, you know it’s time to devise your plan + the steps on building a more diverse, equitable workplace best fit for your organizational growth.
And last but not least, the food and conference goodies! Let’s be honest, we were all thinking it.. and yes you should look forward to two delicious meals & wellness breaks to energize yourselves and other fun conference extras.