Local Lunch Break
Hosted by The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
Monthly, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 24, 2020 – 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Hosted by Priti Shah, PRAXIS Consulting
When we are faced with acts of racism and other forms of discrimination often we are paralyzed to know how to respond effectively toward the perpetrator and those experiencing the harm. For each of us different things get in the way of our ability to act. This presentation will build knowledge and awareness while building capacity to help us to recognize and respond to racist and discriminatory behaviour around us.
5 Key Points Attendees Will Learn:
- Identify situations of racism and other forms of discrimination
- Acknowledge a what makes us uncomfortable or paralyzed to act
- Engage in dialogue to understand the experience of racism
- Explore strategies for interrupting racism in the skin you’re in
- Practice with real-life scenarios in a supportive environment