COVID-19: Resources + Supports
As a business owner or employee, you have questions and concerns about how COVID-19 will affect you.
To help you through this, here are relevant and credible tools and resources.
The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce is closely monitoring the emergence of COVID-19.
This is a difficult time for businesses and employees. We are here to support and provide the tools and resources from credible sources to best help you handle the effects of COVID-19 on your business.
- Questions about supports for you as an individual or employer? Keep Scrolling
- Questions about how you can support local businesses? Click Here
- Questions about our events? Click Here
Order COVID-19 Rapid Tests
Rapid testing is another tool in Manitoba’s testing arsenal to slow the spread of COVID-19 through fast identification. Rapid tests help support COVID-19 testing in Manitoba but do not replace traditional COVID-19 testing in all circumstances.
Rapid test kits are being provided at no charge to organizations at this time, subject to availability and limitations; however, a transportation fee will be added during the ordering process. Once available supplies have all been allocated, organizations will be able to purchase test kits through the Manitoba government for a pre-negotiated price between the Province of Manitoba and the manufacturer. More details here
In partnership with the Government of Canada, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce established the Canadian Business Resilience Network to help Canadian businesses navigate the COVID-19 reality and prepare for recovery.
Canada United Small Business Relief Fund
- Grants of up to $5,000 availableThe Canada United Small Business Relief Fund (CUSBRF) was established to help small businesses offset the cost of expenses to reopen safely or adopt digital technologies to move more of their business online.
Avoiding layoffs and rehiring employees
- Canada Emergency (75%) Wage Subsidy
- 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy
- Extending the Work-Sharing program
- Paying 100% of wages under the Canada Summer Jobs program
- Temporary changes to provincial layoff rules
Reduced and deferred payments
- 90 extra days to pay income taxes owing
- Deferring GST and Customs Duty Payments until June
- Deferral of remittance of provincial sales tax & payroll tax for small and medium-sized businesses
- Waiving penalties on unpaid education property tax, provincial income tax, Manitoba Hydro, Centra Gas, MPI and WCB payments for six months
- Waiving penalties on unpaid city property and business taxes for three months
Access to credit
- Establishing a Business Credit Availability Program
- Up to $40,000 in interest-free loans through the Canada Emergency Business Account
Support for self-employed individuals
Support for specific industries
Resources for Re-opening Your Business
- Return to the workplace: A psychological toolkit for heading back to work
- Tips for reopening your business during COVID-19 provided by Community Futures
- Manitoba Chambers of Commerce Back to Business Toolkit
- The Safe Six: Workplace Readiness Essentials, provided by Cushman & Wakefield Stevenson
- Reopening Playbook, provided by Retail Council of Canada
- Local Sanitizer Options
- Temporary Childcare Locations for staff with children
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide – For Event Professionals During the COVID-19 Pandemic
For individuals and employers: All the basics when it comes to finding reliable resources and handling COVID-19
- Myth busters: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Should you get tested: Health Links: COVID-19 Screen Tool
- Subscribe for public health updates: COVID-19 subscription
- Canada Business App has added a dedicated COVID-19 tile, providing links to government announcements and information for businesses
- Human Rights and COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: Your rights Your responsibilities – Manitoba Human Rights Commission
City of Winnipeg
Resources specifically for legal questions and concerns
- Considerations for your business space
provided by Pitblado
- Potential Claims Resulting from COVID-19
provided by Pitblado
- Business Insurance Information
provided by Fillmore Riley
Downloadable Tools and Templates
Easy to download templates to help you better navigate COVID-19
Canadian Chamber of Commerce Resources
Online Tools, Webinars, and Resources
Online resources and courses to access and learn more about handling COVID-19
Online Tools and Resources:
Supporting your employees during this time
Financial Literacy – provided by CPA Manitoba *
- Survive and thrive: Move ahead financially after losing your job
Find out how to take control of finances if you or a family member is facing unemployment. This free practical guide focuses on how to deal with the financial stress and emotional shock of losing a job.
- Just the Facts
Unbiased educational materials targeting the diverse financial needs of Canadians, helping them learn the basics of managing their money. These are free one-page infographics that can be easily downloaded.
- Financial Wellness Guide
An interactive questionnaire that will help individuals understand money basics and provide them with personal next steps.
- CPA Canada Financial Literacy Worksheets
Financial literacy worksheets to help individuals with various aspects of managing money, including cash flow, budgeting and getting organized.
- CPA Canada Financial Literacy Sessions
Our CPA Financial Literacy Sessions can be delivered virtually at no cost. If there is an interest and/or need with your clients and/or within your organization for the staff, please let me know and we can help coordinate.
- If anyone has any questions, please can email the CPA Manitoba Financial Literacy email address at: [email protected].
- Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba FAQ’s
- Late/Deferred payments
- WCB Coverage
- Employer questions when it comes to preparing your employees (Taylor McCaffrey is a Chamber Champion and, as such, is providing Chamber members this information as part of their partnership with The Chamber)
Group Insurance Resources
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan COVID-19 resources
- Information for those with Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Information on accessing Teledoc, a resource for you to access a doctor virtually