COVID-19: Resources + Supports
As a business owner or employee, you have questions and concerns about how COVID-19 will affect you.
To help you through this, here are relevant and credible tools and resources.
The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce is closely monitoring the emergence of COVID-19.
This is a difficult time for businesses and employees. We are here to support and provide the tools and resources from credible sources to best help you handle the effects of COVID-19 on your business.
- Questions about supports for you as an individual or employer? Keep Scrolling
- Questions about how you can support local businesses? Click Here
- Questions about our events? Click Here
In partnership with the Government of Canada, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce established the Canadian Business Resilience Network to help Canadian businesses navigate the COVID-19 reality and prepare for recovery.
Avoiding layoffs and rehiring employees
- Canada Emergency (75%) Wage Subsidy
- 10% Temporary Wage Subsidy
- Extending the Work-Sharing program
- Paying 100% of wages under the Canada Summer Jobs program
- Temporary changes to provincial layoff rules
Reduced and deferred payments
- 90 extra days to pay income taxes owing
- Deferring GST and Customs Duty Payments until June
- Deferral of remittance of provincial sales tax & payroll tax for small and medium-sized businesses
- Waiving penalties on unpaid education property tax, provincial income tax, Manitoba Hydro, Centra Gas, MPI and WCB payments for six months
- Waiving penalties on unpaid city property and business taxes for three months
Access to credit
- Establishing a Business Credit Availability Program
- Up to $40,000 in interest-free loans through the Canada Emergency Business Account
Support for self-employed individuals
Support for specific industries
Resources for Re-opening Your Business
- Return to the workplace: A psychological toolkit for heading back to work
- Tips for reopening your business during COVID-19 provided by Community Futures
- Manitoba Chambers of Commerce Back to Business Toolkit
- The Safe Six: Workplace Readiness Essentials, provided by Cushman & Wakefield Stevenson
- Reopening Playbook, provided by Retail Council of Canada
- Local Sanitizer Options
- Temporary Childcare Locations for staff with children
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide – For Event Professionals During the COVID-19 Pandemic
For individuals and employers: All the basics when it comes to finding reliable resources and handling COVID-19
- Myth busters: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Should you get tested: Health Links: COVID-19 Screen Tool
- Subscribe for public health updates: COVID-19 subscription
- Canada Business App has added a dedicated COVID-19 tile, providing links to government announcements and information for businesses
City of Winnipeg
Government of Manitoba
- Full Schedule of Critical Businesses
Is your business considered critical? See the public health order and the full list of businesses here
- COVID-19 State of Emergency and Public Health Orders FAQs
Questions and Answers for your top questions regarding Government of Manitoba State of Emergency.
- Government of Manitoba COVID-19 Updates
- Manitoba Government Information for Workplaces and Employees
Resources specifically for legal questions and concerns
- Considerations for your business space
provided by Pitblado
- Potential Claims Resulting from COVID-19
provided by Pitblado
- Business Insurance Information
provided by Fillmore Riley
Downloadable Tools and Templates
Easy to download templates to help you better navigate COVID-19
Canadian Chamber of Commerce Resources
Online Tools, Webinars, and Resources
Online resources and courses to access and learn more about handling COVID-19
Online Tools and Resources:
Supporting your employees during this time
Financial Literacy – provided by CPA Manitoba *
- Survive and thrive: Move ahead financially after losing your job
Find out how to take control of finances if you or a family member is facing unemployment. This free practical guide focuses on how to deal with the financial stress and emotional shock of losing a job.
- Just the Facts
Unbiased educational materials targeting the diverse financial needs of Canadians, helping them learn the basics of managing their money. These are free one-page infographics that can be easily downloaded.
- Financial Wellness Guide
An interactive questionnaire that will help individuals understand money basics and provide them with personal next steps.
- CPA Canada Financial Literacy Worksheets
Financial literacy worksheets to help individuals with various aspects of managing money, including cash flow, budgeting and getting organized.
- CPA Canada Financial Literacy Sessions
Our CPA Financial Literacy Sessions can be delivered virtually at no cost. If there is an interest and/or need with your clients and/or within your organization for the staff, please let me know and we can help coordinate.
- If anyone has any questions, please can email the CPA Manitoba Financial Literacy email address at: [email protected].
- Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba FAQ’s
- Late/Deferred payments
- WCB Coverage
- Employer questions when it comes to preparing your employees (Taylor McCaffrey is a Chamber Champion and, as such, is providing Chamber members this information as part of their partnership with The Chamber)
Group Insurance Resources
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan COVID-19 resources
- Information for those with Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Information on accessing Teledoc, a resource for you to access a doctor virtually
How You Can Help
Ways you can support fellow Manitobans
Ways to Support Local
- Buy Local: An app that allows you to type in your postal code and then shows you what’s open around you. Great way to support local businesses.
- www.HelpNextDoorMB.ca just launched by the Government of Manitoba helps to connect volunteers with those in need.
- Member Offerings: Find the latest offerings from businesses in Winnipeg and ways you can support them on our Member Page.