Emerge Knowledge is a creative team and we are proud that our software, Re-TRAC Connect™, is the leading sustainability software trusted by Governments, Organizations, and Enterprises across North America. Our customers rely on our software to efficiently collect data in order to make key decisions to protect our environment. Join us and you’ll be working with a team of experienced solutions managers, developers, environmental specialists, and marketers who deliver world-class software.
We are looking for a Designer who takes pride in designing and developing web applications (and sites) that attract new audiences and function beautifully. We are looking for someone with a keen eye for design, who enthusiastically explores new approaches to meeting the needs of our customers, and who understands the dynamic of a collaborative small business environment.
Specifically in this position you will:
• Seek to understand the problems you’re helping to solve for our users, and contribute ideas and approaches;
• Participate in brainstorming and planning meetings for new features and upgrades to existing features, and advocate for visual designs that continuously improve user experience;
• Create quality user interface mock-ups and marketing collateral for review with peers;
• Take an iterative approach to design based on peer review and user feedback;
• Contribute to design standards and UX guidelines.
You need to have:
• Experience designing and constructing web applications or pages/sites;
• A strong understanding and practice of design fundamentals, layout, and color theory;
• Ability to write HTML and CSS;
• Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for design quality;
• Ability to work as part of a team giving and receiving feedback; and
• Excellent time management skills, be a self-starter, and motivated to learn every day.
It would be nice if you have:
• A diploma in Graphic Design/Digital Design;
• Experience with responsive/adaptive development, and understanding of design for mobile devices;
• Web development experience with some web framework (don’t worry about this if you’re willing to learn on the job!).
Additional Company Information:
We thrive on foosball (games every afternoon), sunshine, and coffee (fair trade of course). We are located in the Exchange District near transit, and have an office equipped with a bike rack and lava lamp. You’ll be eligible to join company group health benefits plan.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Start date: flexible (our preference is as soon as you’re ready)
• Hours of work: 40 hours/week, daytime hours
• Emerge Knowledge is located at 401-250 McDermot Avenue in Winnipeg
$ Reward for Referral!
We’ll provide $250.00 (CDN) to the helpful individual who refers the candidate to whom we offer this job in 2014 (pending that the candidate accepts this exciting job opportunity and passes a one month evaluation period).
How to apply:
View the posting at: www.emergeknowledge.com/careers
Send link to your online portfolio, a cover letter, and resume, to [email protected] prior to Monday, December 1, at 10:00AM.
#401-250 McDermot Ave
#401-250 McDermot Ave