Emerge Knowledge is a creative team and we are proud that our software, Re-TRAC Connect™, is the leading recycling and waste data management software trusted by Governments, Organizations, and Enterprises across North America. Our customers rely on our software to efficiently collect data in order to make key decisions to protect our environment. Our newest software feature set will allow our 20,000+ users to publish their sustainability successes with the world.
We are looking for an individual who has financial administration experience (which demands attention to detail), accounting and bookkeeping skills, and financial analysis and reporting skills. The successful candidate will be someone who is professional, positive, and reliable, is able to work well independently and with a team, and who has the confidence to ensure adherence to standards. The Finance Administrator is responsible for developing and maintaining the financial systems and records of our company as well as finance-related administration. Support will be provided from senior team.
• Ensure adherence to accounting standards and confidentiality policy;
• Assist in ongoing development and improvement of financial standards and procedures;
• Support senior team by contributing to operational budgets and producing reports to monitor performance;
• Administer bi-weekly payroll using web-based software;
• Manage accounts receivable & accounts payable;
• Prepare and send invoices to customers, and monitor customer accounts for irregularities including delayed payments and non-payments for follow up;
• Manage new business billing projections;
• Reconcile bank accounts and credit card statements monthly;
• Submit year end records for financial statements & tax reporting/compliance;
• Prepare PST/GST returns;
• Manage asset inventory & insurance;
• Undertake other administration responsibilities as needed such as records management (client files, vendor files), staff event planning, and answer phone;
• As experience permits, monitor currency exchange rates to keep senior team informed per current rate and trending (company revenue is primarily in USD$) and prepare draft corporate US state tax returns in multiple US states.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Post-secondary education in business, finance, or accounting or minimum 3 years of experience in a finance/accounting role
• Sound knowledge of accounting/finance principles and processes
• Ability to use office technology including multi-currency QuickBooks (or ability to learn quickly)
• Expert knowledge of Excel – relevant functions, data manipulation, pivots
• Strong attention to detail and excellent administrative and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment and willingness to offer support where needed
About Emerge Knowledge:
We are innovators and proud of our work. We thrive on foosball, sunshine, and coffee (fair trade of course). We are located in the Exchange District near transit (we offer 100% subsidized Eco-Passes) and have an office equipped with a bike rack. We bus. We bike. We recycle. We compost. We are taking action on climate change. Join us!
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Group health benefits plan
• Start date: flexible (our preference is early February)
• Hours of work: 40 hours/week, daytime hours
• Location: Exchange District in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Please submit your resume to Jen Peters, Operations Manager, via email to: [email protected] Thank you your interest. Note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Deadline: Monday Jan 18, 2016 at 5PM.
401-250 McDermot Ave