This event is no longer active.
Presenter: Tim St. Vincent, Credit Counselling Society’s Financial Educator for Manitoba and Saskatchewan
Irregular income can come in many different forms such as self-employment, contracting, casual work, fluctuating hours, commissions, tips and even bonuses. One of the major challenges with irregular income is having the ability to predict a steady revenue making it difficult to budget accordingly.
Luckily, there exists 3 different systems to help you manage irregular income leaving you in control of your budget while allowing extra cash flow for other activities. In the Irregular Income seminar, you will learn how to:
– Average your income and create a manageable household budget if you have been self-employed for over three years;
– Create a holding account system to help you weather the ups and downs of irregular income;
– Create a good monthly budget and lean month budget;
– Put money aside for taxes (if applicable);
– Track your expenses in order to know exactly where your money is going;
– Build your savings in order to better manage the irregularity of your income.
Tim St. Vincent is the Credit Counselling Society’s Financial Educator for Manitoba and Saskatchewan and is based out of Winnipeg. He has over 25 years combined experience in Financial Services and Training and is a retired Certified Financial Planner (CFP). Tim has also completed the Canadian Securities Course (Hons.) has achieved his Certificate In Management (C.I.M.) Hons. through the University of Manitoba and is a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF) Hons.
This seminar is available for remote participants via webinar (i.e. attend from your computer, tablet or smartphone). Please choose “Online” at registration. The day before the event, we will send you an email with the link to join the seminar online.
Online registration will close the day prior to the event. Past this deadline, please call 204-984-2272 to make arrangements to attend the seminar.
Registration is free.
World Trade Centre Winnipeg, 2nd floor
219 Provencher Blvd