“It’s important to tailor the services we provide employers and not paint everyone with the same brush. It’s all about options, not every employer has the same needs and we adjusted our services to reflect that,” said Renzo Borgesa, Vice-President, Assessments, Innovation and Technology with WCB.
“Employers can pay premiums online and pick a payment scale that works better for them. Some want to pay monthly, some quarterly and others want to just pay once. Sixty four per cent of employers reported their payroll online last year.”
The majority of services employers need to regularly access are already available online for their convenience, such as:
- Payroll reporting
- Online payment
- Automatic withdraws
- Claim reporting
- Claim cost transactions
- Safe Work related reports
In addition, the process employers follow to update their information and report to WCB has been streamlined and requires less reporting:
- Employers are now only required to report their payroll once a year, compared to five times a year previously
- Employers are able to choose their payment frequency
- There are now more payment methods available
- WCB automatically renews personal coverage, eliminating the need for employers to request this yearly
“It’s all about flexibility. That’s why WCB also supports the One Business One Number initiative that allows new businesses to receive their business number through numerous programs including the WCB,” Borgesa said.
The WCB will continue its efforts to make the navigation of our system and reporting information as easy as possible for employers.