Inspired by the athleticism on display in Winnipeg for the Canada Summer Games? The best time to turn that motivation into action is now – and The Winnipeg Chamber has members who can help you reach your goals.
One of the most accessible forms of exercise is also the oldest: running. Adam Penner, speed development coach and certified trainer at Penner Fitness Training upcoming running clinic is the perfect place to not only map out a well-rounded running regime, but learn techniques to avoid injury so you can go the distance.
Running Clinic | The Basics
Saturday September 16
10:00 am – 1:15 pm
St. Vital Park (meet by duck pond)
$75 for early bird (until Aug 20th) $90 regular registration
Registration: [email protected] (include name, age, years of running experience, etransfer)
Note: Attendees will receive a $10 coupon to Stride Ahead running store
There will be time for a formal Q&A at the end, however we will make sure that there are opportunities to ask questions along the way within each hour session.
Hour 1 | Basic efficient running mechanics overview head to toes, proper training techniques.
- Proper running form 101.
- Get the latest on running mechanics and tips
- Learn how the pros train
- Learn basic movements and drills for warm up, workouts, and cool down
Hour 2 | Running injuries, prevention, and recovery (done in partnership with Revolution Rehab)
- Runner’s knee (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome)
- Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome, Achilles Tendinitis,
- Plantar fasciitis, Hamstring Strains, Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (shin splints),
- Stress fractures (bones of the feet or tibia), Sesamoiditis, Chronic Lumbar Spine Irritation,
- Foam rolling techniques explained and demonstrated.
Hour 3 | Strength training for runners, supplementary training, Q&A
- Core/pillar strength
- Focus on functional movement strength training
- Running mechanics and the complimentary movements needed to maximize your running goals.