On February 25, The Winnipeg Chamber’s next After Business Mixer is set to take place at the RINK Training Centre (owned by 50 Below Sports + Entertainment), which just opened in April 2019.
Join more than 20 local exhibitors and 250 members of Winnipeg’s business community for some networking and stick around to enjoy a Manitoba Junior Hockey League game afterwards!
Here are five things you might not have known about the RINK Training Centre:
- The RINK Training Centre is a $20 million, 95,000 square-foot facility with three rinks, including an NHL-size rink that can accommodate 700 spectators.
- RINK’s Player Development program covers the areas of shooting, power skating, puck control, passing, battle and compete, and positioning. They also offer a complete Goalie Development program.
- Native Winnipegger Cody Glass has trained at the RINK Training Centre and was drafted sixth overall by the Vegas Golden Knights in the 2017 NHL entry draft. Some notable NHL players who were also drafted sixth overall include Paul Coffey, Peter Forsberg, Ryan Smyth, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Mika Zibanejad, and Sean Monahan.
- The RINK Training Centre is home to its own 5-on-5 adult hockey league called the RINK Hockey League or RHL. League players have access to several exclusive perks – on top of having access to the state-of-the-art facility – including game day running track use, a free workout and 30-minute athletic therapy treatment, full service pro shop discounts, and more.
- The MJHL game taking place at the RINK Training Centre during our After Business Mixer on February 25 will be the Winnipeg Blues vs. Selkirk Steelers at 7:30 p.m. Attendees are welcome stay and enjoy the game following the Mixer.