One person’s blood donation can save the life of a father. A sister. A child. Imagine how many lives can be touched if an entire organization made the commitment to Give Life! Canadian Blood Services’ Partners for Life program gives Winnipeg companies, community groups, schools, service clubs, and more, the opportunity to show their commitment to the community by saving lives through donating blood.
Every week in Manitoba, 1000 units of blood are needed to keep up with local patient demand. Over 120 organizations in Winnipeg, with staff ranging from 5 to 5000, come together to roll up their sleeves and help ensure a safe, consistent supply of blood for hospital patients in our community.
- Give Life
- Every blood donation makes a difference. And sometimes it takes multiple donors to save a life. For example, it can take five donors to save someone who needs cardiovascular surgery.
- Engage your team
- Saving lives together is the ultimate team builder and gives employees a sense of pride that their company is committed to making a difference.
- Build reputation
- Partnering with Canadian Blood Services is a great way to increase your corporate profile while meeting your social responsibility objectives.
- Celebrate your success
- Let your employees, customers and others know how you are building a stronger, healthier community.
- Grow your business
- Research shows Canadians are more likely to have a positive impression of corporations that visibly support Canadian Blood Services. According to a study by Ipsos Reid, 71 percent of Canadians strongly agree that corporations that host blood drives are doing a good thing, and 78% would be more likely to purchase products or services from corporations that visibly support blood donation in Canada.
Summer is always a challenging time for blood collections across Canada as blood donation isn’t top of mind. Many donors are at the lake, enjoying the outdoors, and spending time with family. With that said, blood donation is crucial in the summer as many hospitals see blood usage rise.
With summer in full swing, Winnipeg is currently seeing a significant appointment deficit. You have the power to Give Life! Canadian Blood Services can offer roundtrip transportation for you and your staff to donate blood and convenient appointment times to ensure a quick, efficient donation.