Complete the Leadership Winnipeg program and be matched to serve on a not-for-profit board or committee.
In the second year of the Leadership Winnipeg program, graduates are matched with not‐for‐profit Boards and/or Board standing committees within Winnipeg. The Leadership Winnipeg Board Connect program aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Providing graduates with the opportunity to expand their skills and contribute leadership to a community organization
- Engaging the next generation of leaders to ensure continuous capacity building and long-term sustainability
- Creating a network of talented and resourceful emerging leaders who will establish strong and lasting relationships that are personally and professionally beneficial
- Creating a new avenue for boards to recruit confident, engaged and motivated leaders who are prepared to serve
- Enabling non‐profit leaders to find professionals with the right skills, experience and social capital to help them be successful
- Serving the community’s need for effective, highly‐skilled and energized leadership
- Harnessing the momentum of Leadership Winnipeg through immediate engagement
- Increasing awareness for non‐profit agencies and develop a sustained commitment among emerging leaders to their communities.
If your organization is interested in accepting a program participant to serve on your board or a standing committee please contact:
Executive Director, Volunteer Manitoba
204‐477‐5180 ext. 225