Mission: The Chamber Ambassadors is a dedicated team of members who strive to maintain a strong and vibrant Chamber of Commerce through volunteerism, networking and professional development.
The Ambassadors is about getting Chamber members actively involved, whether it's participating in Chamber events, promoting The Chamber or acting as a resource for new and existing members. Through volunteerism, networking and professional development, Chamber Ambassadors will have an insider’s perspective on Winnipeg’s business community and increased visibility for themselves and their business.
The Chamber is pleased to be able to offer such a program through a partnership with our presenting sponsor, Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries.
Ambassadors are selected through an application process. Applicants are evaluated on the information provided in an application form, as well as their professionalism and Chamber involvement.
Ambassador Application 2012-2013.pdf
Please submit completed form to Tori Matichuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ambassador Program Co-Chairs 2012-2013
Milton Corado and Joanne Patenaude
Milton Corado, designtype
Since entering the advertising and branding markets in the mid-1980s, Milton Corado has helped corporate clients conceive, achieve and deliver distinctive corporate identities through creative advertising, new-media and marketing services.
Today Milton is a partner in designtype, a multidisciplinary graphic design studio, new-media and printing firm. Here he acts as the principal of a dedicated design team, overseeing creative services for numerous corporate, government, retail and individual clients. At the same time he works to ensure that designtype continues to bring its mark of excellence in the always-challenging advertising industry.
Milton joined The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce in 2009. It was a very good decision both personally and professionally. “The Chamber is an important part of our business strategy plan,” he says proudly. “It facilitates the channels to connect and interact with other business leaders, and brings valued insight for expansion, networking and growth.”
Milton knows firsthand the value of networking, locally, nationally and internationally. His professional background includes working for one of the largest international advertising agencies in Central and South America: Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide – Modernoble Publicidad – providing creative visual solutions to clients such as Kimberly Clark, Revlon, and Bartles & James. This was followed by nearly 10 years as Art Director for El Diario de Hoy, a major Latin American newspaper with a daily circulation of 750,000. In addition, Milton was responsible for training the art department staff on the then-emerging Macintosh-platform desktop publishing software, supervised and directed the creative process, designed advertising material, and created editorial content and political cartoons.
In 1993 Milton and his young family relocated to Canada from El Salvador, choosing Winnipeg in which to raise his family and further his career. His work with a local design firm was geared to digital media, design and digital illustration with production input into problem-solving processes.
With his enthusiasm for Winnipeg’s business community and determination to contribute to its success, Milton became co-chair of the Chamber’s Ambassador Program in September 2012. “It’s all about the business community,” he adds. “If local economy performs, Winnipeg’s citizens are direct recipients of its benefits.”
Milton also serves on the board of the Canadian Marketing Association (Manitoba).
Joanne Patenaude, Corus Entertainment Winnipeg
With almost two decades of co-ordinating, managing, fundraising and sales experience for non-profit and for-profit organizations, Joanne Patenaude has a strong passion for networking, advocacy and empowering the marginalized. Throughout her career, she has organized a wide variety of events that have had a significant impact on the beneficiaries of such events. As a result of her community commitment, she has strong connections and continues to build her social network as an Ambassador for The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce.
Joanne recently accepted a new role as an account manager with Corus Entertainment Winnipeg. It’s a great fit as she strongly believes in Corus’s core values – accountability, initiative, innovation, knowledge and teamwork. She hopes to assist her new customers in continuing to grow their respective businesses by partnering with 680CJOB, Power97 and the new 99.1 Fresh FM.
Joanne was previously executive director of the Mondetta Charity Foundation. An international charity based in Winnipeg, MCF provides financial assistance to initiatives in Uganda and Kenya. She initiated a Mondetta Educational Sponsorship Fund and Scholarship Fund to aid and support children who attend an MCF-supported school.
As an entrepreneur who created an eco-friendly business - Leather and Lace Jewelry, she strives to help women and men feel beautiful and confident through her unique creations.
CHAMBER AMBASSADORS – 2012-2013
- Lana Adeleye - Olusae, Surefooting Consulting
- Scott Angus, Resource Assistance for Youth
- John R. Baron, JRB Inc. Innovative Logistics Solutions
- Marshall Broeska, Ranger Insurance
- Phyllis Byer-Kohanchuk, SHAW
- Linda Chammartin, People First HR Services
- Luther Chell, Cambridge Mercantile Group
- Ginny Collins, Manitoba Film & Music
- Milton Corado, designtype
- Corinne De Decker, Cunningham Business Interiors
- Sari Fields, Sendoutcards
- Dan Furlan, HR Strategies
- Philip Giles, Modern Earth Web Design
- Gail Granger, Gail Granger Communications
- Kristin Houle, Emterra
- Carl Hutman, Get-About Auto Repairs
- Eileen Kirton, People First HR Services
- Anil Kumar, Window Inspirations
- Dale Lacombe, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Monique LaPlante, Waterfront Massage Therapy
- Sue Leclair, Those Big Soft Pretzels
- David Lesey, First Data Canada
- Monique Levesque-Pharoah, Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation – Prairies/NWT Region
- Harry Logan, RE/MAX executives realty
- Jessica LoRusso, Zealous Medi-Spa
- Robert Lowdon, Robert Lowdon Photography
- John McDonald, Metric Marketing
- Ian Michaluk, ISM Building Services Inc.
- Laura Mikuska, Mikuska Group Inc.
- Jodi Moskal, Moskal Electric
- Sonya Muraro, Yes! Winnipeg
- Joyce Odidison, Interpersonal Wellness Services
- Ron Owen, LegalShield - Ron Owen
- Christine Paquette, Antex Western
- Joanne Patenaude, Corus Entertainment Winnipeg
- Daniel Peimbert, Immigrant Centre Manitoba Inc.
- Randy Penner, PPL Legal Care of Canada Corp.
- Rob Read, Bison Fire Protection
- Scott Reid, Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry
- Jeremy Ruban, Richardson GMP
- Brian Scharfstein, Canadian Footwear
- Dennis Silvestrone, University of Manitoba Continuing Education
- Olia Skala, USANA Health Sciences
- Caleb Stick, Randstad Technology
- Rachelle Taylor, Impact Studios Ltd.
- Palmina Thomson, Mobile Mortgage
- Christine Turczyn, Winnipeg's Creative Studio
- Larry Wandowich, Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries
- Shari Wolfson, The People Bank
- Tricia Yerex, Online Business Systems